updating hAtom (was Re: [uf-discuss] Progress on hAtom?) and a quick note on hNews

Tantek Çelik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Thu Jul 16 18:26:32 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 10:59 AM, Simon<dude42 at gmx.de> wrote:
> I just wondered if there is any progress on hAtom.
> There are many open questions on the issues page, but nothing really happend
> since version 0.1.

Hi Simon, apologies for the delay - been a bit busy with organizing
microformatsDevCamp[1].

First all, thanks very much for adding to the notes on hAtom issues
and proposed resolutions:

http://microformats.org/wiki/hatom-issues

This is precisely one of the first things we need to do to update hAtom:

* proposed resolutions to all outstanding issues with at least some
amount of consensus.

Next we will need to take a look at any hAtom brainstorming that has
occurred since hAtom 0.1 and consider each brainstorm to see if it
makes sense to include in hAtom 0.2 or not.

Finally, we'll need an editor (hopefully David Janes, but he's agreed
to let me co-edit in the event he is too busy to do so) to incorporate
these changes in 0.2.

I'm currently taking similar steps to updating
hCard/hCalendar/hReview, and hAtom would be next on my list.

You (as well as everyone else here) can very much help out with this
process by reviewing the issues and resolutions of each of those specs
(for hAtom, take a look at hCard issues and resolutions too, as they
may affect hAtom as well).

Join the IRC channel as well - where often times it is much easier to
get quick questions about issues or specs answered, and to make faster
progress.

http://microformats.org/wiki/irc

Thanks,

Tantek

P.S. I've been taking a look at the related AP proposal/work on
"hNews" - and I think there is a lot there that makes sense. We should
definitely consider "hNews" as part of hAtom brainstorming to
considered for incorporation into hAtom 0.2.

[1] http://microformats.org/wiki/events/2009-07-25-dev-camp