[uf-discuss] AP News microformat?

Jonathan Malek jonathan.malek at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 12:45:49 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 6:52 AM, David Janes <davidjanes at blogmatrix.com> wrote:
> It's an overlay on hAtom, note the example. hentry entry-content,
> though they seem to have invented duplicates, like "dateline"

David, excuse the long delay in response as I was on vacation for the
last 3 weeks.  Just a quick note on duplicates: "dateline" is a
special term in the news industry that describes where and when the
story was filed (more at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dateline).  It
has a geo component to it, and is not meant to be either the created
or updated dtstamp (which we reused from Atom).

You're right--we inherit from hAtom.  After reading David James' post
on issues with hSlice:

http://blogmatrix.blogmatrix.com/:entry:blogmatrix-2008-03-05-0000/

The rationale seemed pretty solid, and the benefits significant.  I
hope our "In General" section sums it up to some degree:

http://labs.ap.org/wiki/hNews#In_General

Our intent was to get silly errors cleaned up, then take this to the
uf community for further comment.  We've reused as much of the format,
structure and template names as we could to facilitate the move.

Regards,
Jonathan