[uf-discuss] Wanted: a pattern indicating a subsidiary-parent-company relationship

Tantek Çelik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Mon Jun 15 14:50:04 PDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 11:44 PM, Mirko Gustony<mirko.gustony at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> does anyone know if there is a pattern for describing a subsidiary
> company to parent company relationship?

Hi Mirko,

I don't know of any patterns currently, but you're certainly asking in
the right place.

> I need to mark up the following: on the website for company B Ltd. I
> want to sho that it's a subsidiary of A Inc.

> Part of <a href="http://www.a-inc.com/">A Inc.</a>

Could you provide a URL to the website for company B? [1]

> I tried to find something for this, but all I found was XFN which is
> just for human beings. Maybe a solution can be based upon it?

I've captured this area as "business to business" relationships on the
XFN brainstorming page, along with POSH suggestions:

http://microformats.org/wiki/xfn-brainstorming#business_to_business

Thanks,

Tantek

http://tantek.com/