[uf-discuss] Proposed changes to hListing

Jay Myers jmyers at visi.com
Mon Jun 22 09:54:31 PDT 2009

All,

A couple of months ago, changes were suggested to the
hListing microformat to support more transaction-related
attributes, including the addition of 'availability',
'condition', and 'shipping'. In order to prove the 80%+
use case, research has been ongoing and has been posted up
to the hListing examples [1] wiki page. To date, analysis
on 87 commerce or listing sites has been performed, and
has yielded these results:

* Availability (79.1%)
* Condition (71.2%)
* Shipping (82%)

I would like to see all three adopted into a new draft of
hListing, at the very least availability and shipping. All
three new proposed attributes are featured in other
product listing ontologies, most notably the GoodRealtions
ontology
for e-commerce. I will be proposing another version of
hListing in the coming weeks with these three new
attributes, and some minor modifications to the existing
attribute set, taking into account any feedback from the
microformats community, which can be posted on the
hlisting-brainstorming wiki page [2].

Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback!

[1] http://microformats.org/wiki/hlisting-examples
[2] http://microformats.org/wiki/hlisting-brainstorming

Thanks,

Jay Myers