[uf-discuss] mixing vocabularies

Thomas Loertsch loertsch.thomas at guj.de
Tue Jun 30 04:18:22 PDT 2009

On 26.06.09 01:40, "Stephen Paul Weber" <singpolyma at singpolyma.net> wrote:

> Somebody claiming to be Thomas Loertsch wrote:
>> On 24.06.09 16:23, "Brian Suda" <brian.suda at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> You should add this to the Wiki under the
>>> FAQs, then we can all iterate on the best answer.
>>
>> i know that the wiki is regarded as the way to do things in this community
>> but i'd like to remind you that there is no mechanism in place to get
>> notification when a particular page is updated. anyway i do prefer mail for
>> discussions and wikis for results (temporary or permanent) but this absence
>> of a notification mechanism makes it particularily painful to keep up with
>> what's happening and tends to discourage participation to some extent (or
>> better: if you only want to participate to some extent).
>
> Editing the wiki both updates IRC and there is an RSS feed at
> <http://microformats.org/wiki/index.php?title=Special:RecentChanges&feed=rss>

i'm so conservative, i like to have it all in my inbox :) watching an irc to
track just the hrecipe-related pages is not an option. watching the feed is
manageable but still it contains all the changes to every page on the wiki.
my personal tracking page forces me to visit it at least every 7 days -
which is a lot if the pages i watch don't change for months. when i became
editor of hrecipe i didn't want to make microformats the center of my life.
i would love if i could get just the hRecipe-related changes in my mailbox.
just that. of course this is just a wish and i'm well aware that everybody
here is volunteering - but it's a reasonable wish.

what i said about following (past) discussions on a mailinglist or a wiki
still holds: diff-ing through the history of a wiki page is a pain in the
ass... even compared to surfing a mailinglist archive on the web

cheers
thomas

.
Thomas Lörtsch