[uf-discuss] Ident Engine

Glenn Jones glenn.jones at madgex.com
Tue Oct 6 05:06:59 PDT 2009

Hi All

I have built a little JavaScript library that combines Social Graph data
and parsing of open data sources such as microformats.

http://identengine.com/
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/discovering-magic/

Earlier this year Chris Messina made the passing comment that the
techniques I demoed involved too much hoop jumping to be of practical
use. I built this library to see if I could lower the barrier of entry.
A List Apart published an article I have written on the libraries
architecture.

The library makes extensive use of both the Google's Social Graph API
and Yahoo's YQL. It all under a MIT license

Try out the demo's

Glenn Jones