[uf-discuss] Commercial application using hResume import

Glenn Jones glenn.jones at madgex.com
Tue Sep 8 03:49:02 PDT 2009

Hi All

The company I am part of has just released the first implementation of a
new product called CV Search and Match for the Guardian newspaper group.
It is a next generation CV database for the job board industry.

http://jobs.guardian.co.uk/profile/

The interesting bit for the list is that it can import hResume as a
starting point for creating your online CV. The "Import your CV from
another website" feature can parse hResume data from any public web
page. We have also added NLP (Natural Language Processing) as a fall
back if there is no hResume. The microformat import is done using my
UfXtract parser.

This is first of many sites we will be adding this type of functionality
to over the next few months. At the moment I believe Linked-in are the
biggest publishers of hResume although I know a lot of individuals also
publish their CV's using the hResume format.

Please give it a go and give me feedback. You can try it even if you do
not want to be contacted by employers by switching the CV to "hidden"
once you finishing playing or you can delete all your CV data at any
time.

Glenn Jones
Madgex