[uf-discuss] input microformats for auto-filling forms

Glenn Jones glenn.jones at madgex.com
Tue Feb 15 11:08:47 PST 2011

Hi All

I am interested in the use of microformats to mark-up forms. The
discussion of building better auto-fill applications and browser
extensions using microformats has been going on for a couple of years.

Currently, I am starting a couple of projects with interfaces where
users can link, drag or copy contacts. Input microformats would be an
important addition to these projects. This concept would also be useful
for any project using the W3C Contacts API. Hopefully, the
draggables.com idea gives some insight into how this could mature.

I have spent a couple of days putting together a brainstorm/proposal of
how this could work. If you're interested in this idea, could you
feedback your thoughts. The wiki is the best place to do this, just vote
up or down any ideas and add comments wherever possible. Wish it could
of been done in a workshop, but the wiki will do.

http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-input-brainstorming

If there is enough interest and feedback from the community, I will
build the unit tests and a reference application based on the js parser
Micorformats Shiv. The final aim been to create extensions for Firefox,
Chrome and Safari

Thanks

Glenn