[uf-discuss] [admin] mailing lists up again

Tantek Çelik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Mon Dec 3 16:41:56 PST 2012

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 4:19 PM,  <khare at alumni.caltech.edu> wrote:
> Apologies, we made some errors with server configuration and broke the
> mailing list in mid-October, which took longer than expected to repair.
>
> All the microformats lists should be working normally now.
>
> There's also quite a bit of day-to-day discussion in the IRC channel as well:
>
> irc://irc.freenode.net/microformats
>
> http://microformats.org/wiki/irc
>
> Drop by and say hi!
>
> Thanks,
>   Tantek & Rohit

And as a reminder (since I just experienced this myself), if you get
an error message like:

"The message's content type was not explicitly allowed"

Change your email client to send text/plain.

For example, in Gmail, you have to go into Settings (under the gear
icon menu in the top right), and  at the bottom, choose:

Outgoing message encoding: (*) Use default text encoding for outgoing messages

In addition, if you're using the recently "new" Gmail "Compose"
feature, you may have to click the little drop-down arrow button menu
to the bottom right of the compose text area, and make sure that

√ Plain text mode

is checked.

Thanks,

Tantek