[uf-discuss] Microformats versus Microdata

Micky Hulse mickyhulse.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 11:11:52 PDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 10:43 AM, Stephen Paul Weber
<singpolyma at singpolyma.net> wrote:
> As far as microdata, that's sort of a seperate thing.  Microdata is in flux
> and there are no community-driven vocabularies or formats for it (there are
> some WHATWG-driven and Google-driven formats, but that's hardly a community
> consensus).

Interesting.

This seems pretty official:

<http://www.schema.org/>

But, like you say, it's hardly a community consensus. :(

Purely from a readability perspective, I like that microdata is not
using CSS classes; on the other hand, I'm not keen about pointing
towards a schema (itemtype=) for every little piece of content on my
page. Clearly there are advantages and disadvantages to both
techniques.