[uf-new] Microformat for Music Downloads

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Mon Apr 9 11:24:16 PDT 2007

On Apr 9, 2007, at 12:52 PM, Alexandre Van de Sande wrote:

> again I really do not understand the point on using hReview

I agree that hReview doesn't make much sense outside of actual reviews.

> Of course you can syndicate audio or review music, but it's wrong to
> try to fit hreview or hAtom for something totally different

I would argue that publishing music with the intent that it be
downloaded to a local audio player is just as much syndication as
publishing text with the intent that it be downloaded to a local feed
reader.  So all music downloads are a form of syndication.  I'm not
suggesting putting audio downloads within a syndicated blog post just
to use hAtom; I'm suggesting the audio download itself is syndicated
content, so the audio itself can make use of existing hAtom semantics
for syndicated content.  That this will show up in feed readers is a
secondary concern.

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com