[uf-new] collection-design-pattern proposal

Mary Hodder mary at dabble.com
Mon Apr 23 10:26:32 PDT 2007

Manu,
I would agree.  I think it's fine to have a specific audio or photo
or video format,
but the way I see people publishing online, these objects are made up
of other
formats/objects.

Example, the video that uses snippets of a podcast and of a song.
The video
that uses photos, and quotes from other videos.

The photo that has a quote in the middle (photonote), or the photo
(thumbnail)
that comes out of a video.

It's fine to classify audio, photos and video, but the reality is,
nesting and groupings
and quotes and variants (a video in english, and slighly different
url of the same
video with spanish subtitles, another slightly different url of a
shorter version of the video
with in and out points that show a specific scene or act)...

We need simple name spaces for audio, video and photos.. because they
are intertwined
heavily.  I rarely see any one publish audio without at least a photo
or image that represents
what's in the audio, or album cover art.

Thanks,
mary