[uf-new] collection-design-pattern proposal

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Wed Apr 25 09:23:26 PDT 2007

On Apr 25, 2007, at 10:47 AM, Manu Sporny wrote:

>>> If somebody has a proposal for doing so, please do speak up as
>>> Danny and several others have outlined this as an undesirable
>>> effect of
>>> the proposed methods thus far.
>>
>> I would be happy to make a proposal after we've documented and
>> analyzed more
>> real world examples.
>
> Woops! I didn't mean "proposal" in the "official Microformat sense". I
> meant proposal in the "suggest something that works for this very
> specific problem I outline din the paragraph" sense.

I don't personally care about any "official Microformat sense."
You're asking for something that works without the constraints of
actual web pages.  You couldn't possibly be working within those
constraints before we've analyzed actual web pages.  And I'm only
interested in working within the constraints of actual web pages.
I'm not interested in those constraints because that's what the
microformats process says; I'm interested in the microformats process
because I'm interested in those constraints.

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com