[uf-new] starting work and discussion on XRN

Frances Berriman fberriman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 09:06:51 PST 2007

On 18/02/07, Alexander Graf <alexander.graf at deri.org> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I think it's just about a name change since business relationship
> and "friends" doesn't really fit. So if I got that right, we should add
> more relationships to XFN and at the same time change the name
> to reflect the new types of relationships available.
>
> While I personally think adding relationships is a good idea, I'm
> not convinced a name change to XRN is required.

I think I'm inclined to agree.

I think the best bet for this is to research and establish what's
going on "in the wild" and see what relationships we genuinely feel
are being suggested and used out and about, but aren't currently part
of XFN.  Then we can look at whether they're just being used because
the current XFN relationships aren't being exploited fully or used
correctly, or if indeed there is a gap in the XFN range.

Renaming XFN should be the very last port of call.

--
Frances Berriman
http://fberriman.com