[uf-new] hAudio - audio-album and audio-podcast

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Fri Jun 1 12:23:39 PDT 2007

Joe Andrieu wrote:
>>From reviewing the examples [2],

Thank you for that very thorough and well thought out argument, Joe. I
agree with most of what you had to say, here's my $0.02 on the rest:

> I think there are five distinct semantic items here, at a minimum:
> 	album
> 	playlist
> 	track
> 	audiofile
> 	podcast

I agree that there are several distinct semantic items that we are
discussing. What would be beneficial to all of us is to focus on just
one or two of them. Why can't we pick one of them and go with that?

album/track

That is not to say we can't do the others in the future (maybe one or
two per month). The most prior art/examples that we have are for albums
- let us focus and fix that problem.

It gives us a problem with a definite solution (rather than one that has
us pontificating endlessly as to the optimal ways we can combine various
items).

As for your playlist example at the end of your e-mail... you said it
best when you noted

>> Albums, podcasts, whatever, aren't they all forms of
>> playlists? haudio with opional hplaylist?
>
> Not unless you can provide examples of them being display on the web
> as the same thing.

We need examples of playlists to support your playlist argument... which
we don't have.

What we do have, however, is a plethora of album/track/song examples.
Let's focus on solving that very specific problem.