[uf-new] hAudio - audio-album and audio-podcast

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Fri Jun 1 14:22:20 PDT 2007

Joe Andrieu wrote:
>> We need examples of playlists to support your playlist
>> argument... which we don't have.
>
> Sure we do. There are a bunch on the examples page,
> including the FIQL service I mentioned in my email.

Are we looking at the same examples page?

http://microformats.org/wiki/audio-info-examples

>> What we do have, however, is a plethora of album/track/song
>> examples. Let's focus on solving that very specific problem.
>
> I support that.  But then what you are solving is hAlbum.
> Not hAudio.  Once we figure out hAlbum, we can certainly
> generalize upward to hAudio, incorporating playlists and
> podcasts as we go.

That's funny... that's exactly what we said about hAudio... "we'll start
with hAudio and generalize upward to albums, podcasts and playlists."

The hAudio Microformat is meant to be "delivery/container mechanism"
agnostic. hAudio is supposed to be encapsulated by the delivery
mechanism, be it a playlist, album, podcast, media or other such container.

What is your definition for a playlist? I think we have different
definitions. Do you mean "A list of playable audio objects."?