[uf-new] title vs. summary (was: Third attempt at hAudio)

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Fri Jun 8 08:27:32 PDT 2007

On Jun 8, 2007, at 8:08 AM, Brian Suda wrote:

> the problem with updating the definition of TITLE then becomes in
> a citation, book, or other reference such as audio, what happens when
> you have an hCard with a title and a class="title" for the name of the
> work?

This is the same problem with re-using any class name in multiple
microformats.  As mentioned earlier, if we re-use "summary" in haudio
(which I'm not arguing for nor against here), what if we want to
embed haudio inside hreview?  How do we keep the haudio summary from
becoming the hreview summary?  The answer in both cases, I think, is
to define parsing rules to account for embedded microformats with
shared property names, which is a discussion already begun here:

http://microformats.org/wiki/mfo

More generally, I think we should be defining parsing rules based on
the semantics, rather than vice versa.

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com