[uf-new] First draft of hAudio proposal

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Wed May 2 05:10:03 PDT 2007

On May 2, 2007, at 6:05 AM, David Janes wrote:

> While (very) sympathetic to Andy's point about this, we're getting to
> the danger point of semantically forking rel-tag. I suspect you will
> get strong pushback on this one, because the current approach is to
> use rel-tag for this, and if that needs to be fixed, it needs to be
> fixed and the problem should be addressed there.

I think we may be extending the semantics of rel-tag beyond
usefulness here.  I don't think every open-ended list of grouping
terms should be considered tags.  Another similar example is hCard
departments.  Should those be using rel-tag too?  I think there's
actually a subtle semantic difference between tags and other grouping
terms, though I'm not sure exactly what it is.  Regardless, this is
apparently not a point of consensus yet, and I'd suggest we proceed
without genre for now, intending to add it later when rough consensus
is reached, and still have a useful microformat before then.

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com