[uf-new] First draft of hAudio proposal

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Wed May 2 06:36:42 PDT 2007

Scott Reynen wrote:
>> Again, Martin is correct - enclosure is for direct links to files that
>> should be cached. Most of the examples never link directly to the
>> download, instead they link to some method of acquisition (usually a
>> buying or login process).
>
> If nothing else is changing here, I think rel values should be nouns,
> not verbs.  I think all of the existing rel values in microformats fit
> this pattern, and it's good to be able to say "this page and that page
> have a relationship of _____."

Could you propose a noun that would replace ACQUIRE? I'm having a hard
time coming up with one that makes more sense than ACQUIRE.

rel-nofollow doesn't follow what you are proposing.

Err, what about 'full-version', 'complete-specimen', 'file', or 'content'?

>> Brian, Martin, Scott - if you don't like the method listed in the
>> proposal... please suggest a replacement and the rest of the community
>> can weigh in on the merits of each method.
>
> My current proposal is to keep grouping semantics specific to each
> individual microformat.  In this case, albums could be identified by
> something like class="album", audio tracks by something like
> class="audio-track", and parsers could simply recognize that albums are
> groups of tracks, just as hatom parsers recognize that feeds are groups
> of entries.  Of course, I still think hatom could cover most of the
> semantics of audio downloads.

Noted. Your proposed solution has been added to the
grouping-brainstorming page:

http://microformats.org/wiki/grouping-brainstorming#Option_6:_per-microformat_grouping