[uf-new] First attempt at hAudio proposal

Ben Wiley Sittler bsittler at gmail.com
Thu May 3 08:39:55 PDT 2007

allow 8601 duration notation (see e.g.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601#Duration ) but treat an unmarked
number as seconds and you'll have power and flexibility while also
using standards. because of its unambiguous form, you could even
support seconds only for now, and add 8601 duration support later, but
that runs the risk of horribly confusing the first generation of
implementations with the second generation of data (as has happened
with some other specs that have made this change.)

notations for 3 hours ten seconds and three hundredths of a second:

PT3H10.03S
 ^- duration notation
PT03:00:10.03
 ^- combined notation
10810.03
 ^- pure seconds (not 8601 but too simple not to allow)

-ben