[uf-new] Second attempt at hAudio proposal

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Mon May 7 07:57:01 PDT 2007

The newest proposal of hAudio (v0.3) is available:

http://microformats.org/wiki/audio-info-proposal

Here are the changes based on input from the community:

title -> work-title

Fixed a typo on the page. There has been one objection to 'work-title'.
It is suggested that we change it to 'fn', which didn't have that
favorable of a reception.

collaborator -> contributor

Changed collaborator element name to 'contributor' to follow Dublin
Core's lead on the issue.

release-date -> published-date

Changed release date to published date to be more specific about the
contents of the element.

acquire

Changed to be a class instead of a rel-attribute. There is still some
concern over the name 'acquire'. Primarily in that it doesn't pluralize
cleanly (it is a verb - it should probably be a noun?).

image-summary

Unchanged. There have been suggestions to make this 'photo' or 'logo',
but neither the semantics of photo or logo are correct. This element is
planned to be used across audio, video and images... thus the semantics
must mean the exact same in each Microformat.

genre -> category

Changed genre to category as no rel-tag is needed for categories. A
genre and style is a type of category, so using 'category' makes sense.

length -> duration

Length is used more for spatial measurements than temporal ones. The
measurement we are addressing is a temporal one, that of duration.
ISO-8601 duration is used to specify the duration of an audio recording
in seconds.

At the moment, there seem to be three debatable issues:

- The use of 'fn' instead of 'work-title'.
- The proper class name for the 'acquire' property.
- Grouping (specifically, how do we tell albums apart from songs and
            relate songs to one another).