[uf-new] First attempt at hAudio proposal

James Craig jcraig at apple.com
Mon May 7 15:43:13 PDT 2007

Martin McEvoy wrote:

> this is better,

> <dfn class="value" title="P203S">
> Three minutes, twenty-three seconds
> </dfn>

Added DFN to the test cases.
http://microformats.org/wiki/assistive-technology-abbr-
results#Markup_Possibilities

> Jaws will ignore the title attribute in <dfn> (definition) and speak
> this as, "Three minutes, twenty-three seconds"

Have you tested this? The test cases in the article are very
different, and rely on the other element having another element's
title attribute read instead of the DFN. I do not have access to JAWS
now, but I would guess the example would still read the dfn[title].

Either way, I would hold off on re-implementation for now until the
test cases are complete and tested. The article only mentions JAWS'
behavior and, although it's the most popular stateside screen reader,
it's hardly the definitive answer for what counts as accessible.

James