[uf-new] hAudio 'acquire' re-naming (Microformats should use nouns for properties)

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Tue May 8 08:53:45 PDT 2007

On May 8, 2007, at 10:22 AM, Brad Hafichuk wrote:

> As a runner-up, "source" seems to be acceptable, as we're used to
> using "src" for image (and embeded) media.

SOURCE is already a property in vCard [1], though it's not currently
used in hCard.  In vCard, it's the source of the *information* in the
container, e.g. an LDAP URI, which I think is a slightly different
meaning than the source of the *subject* of the container.  hCard's
class="url" is probably closer to the intended meaning here.

SOURCE: "information how to find the source for the [container]"
object that the [container] refers to."

[1] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2426.txt

--
Scott Reynen