[uf-new] hAudio 'acquire' re-naming (Microformats should use nouns for properties)

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Tue May 8 10:50:48 PDT 2007

On 5/8/07, Martin McEvoy <martin at weborganics.co.uk> wrote:
> I'd like to remove my support for obtainable, for
>
> "gain"
>
> http://www.answers.com/topic/gain
>
> To come into possession or use of; acquire: gained a small fortune in
> real estate; gained vital information about the enemy's plans.

> coupled with one of rel="payment", rel="sample" or rel="enclosure"

--- if are already having rel values, do you need to also have a
'wrapper' class of 'gain' or anything? just by the sementics of the
rel value you can determine that it is a something that can be
'gained' or 'obtained'. Otherwise, you are adding additional un-needed
microformat encodings. The only thing this prevents is to have a file
inside a Media format that is for payment, but not part of the Media
format. This is such an edge case that there is no need to have a
class="gain" as well as the rel value.

-brian

--
brian suda