[uf-new] hTurtle: A GRDDL-Compatible Microformat for Turtle-in-HTML

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Sun Nov 4 06:36:43 PST 2007

On Nov 4, 2007, at 3:35 AM, Sean B. Palmer wrote:

> HTML wasn't really meant for writing RDF, and it's easy to get sick of
> yet another @class-based microformat. For that reason I've made
> hTurtle, which lets you embed Turtle in HTML comments.
>
> http://inamidst.com/sw/hturtle/
> - The hTurtle Microformat

Hi Sean,

I don't want to discourage what you're doing at all, but you may want
to read through the microformat process (assuming you haven't already)
to get a better idea of what we mean when we use the term
"microformat" and why your application of this term to something that
(apparently) didn't follow this process is, well, wrong:

http://microformats.org/wiki/process

This may seem pedantic, but given your interest in semantics, I'm sure
you can appreciate our interest in keeping the term "microformat"
meaningful, not just another buzz word.

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com