[uf-new] Re: hTurtle: A GRDDL-Compatible Microformat for Turtle-in-HTML

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Sun Nov 4 17:52:45 PST 2007

André Luís wrote:
> From what Sean is describing, if people wanted to display the
> information in the turtle/rdf format to normal users, they would have
> to write it twice in different languages. POSH and then hTurtle. See?
> Just there, I wasn't able to put hturtle and POSH in the same sack...
>
> Now, I don't mean to say there's no point in hTurtle. There is, I'm
> just not sure it fits in the microformats group. Can't we have
> something in between ufs and pure rdf?

There already is something between uFs and pure RDF:

RDFa
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-rdfa-primer/

Although, marking up Turtle using RDFa is a bit pedantic... :)

Just curious... why didn't you use RDFa to do this, Sean? Scott and the
rest on this thread are correct - what you have isn't a microformat as
this community understands the term, it's something else... for what
that's worth.

What exactly is the use case behind hTurtle? What are you attempting to
accomplish? There are so few in this world that understand the concept
of N3, triples and RDF that I wonder how many people have the need for
hTurtle?

curiously,