[uf-new] [hAudio] fn _or_ album

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Mon Nov 5 13:33:15 PST 2007

Martin McEvoy wrote:
>> hAudio is not about TRACKS or ALBUMS by default. hAudio is about an
>> audio recording. This is the fundamental underpinning to hAudio.
>
> Although Almost exclusively throughout the entire development of hAudio
> we have been talking about "albums" and "tracks" both in our discussions
> and in our examples
> http://microformats.org/wiki/audio-info-examples#Analysis_of_Music_Services

Yes, we talked about "albums" and "tracks", I understand where the
confusion started. We're just trying to end the confusion and have a
very solid definition for what hAudio is right now. :)

These discussions are helpful because others on this list may have been
under the same impression. Keep in mind that we also talked about
"podcasts", "top lists", "operas", "sound effects", multi-disc CD sets
and various other things. The one thing that all of these have in common
is that they are all audio recordings.

> haudio is a about nothing specific other than a recording correct?

Yes, that is correct. hAudio, in and of itself, is about nothing
specific other than an audio recording.

We do have the capability to be more specific if we want to by using the
ALBUM property. However, if the ALBUM property is not in an HAUDIO, it
must be assumed that the HAUDIO is about an audio recording and nothing
more.