[uf-new] hAudio/table incompatibility

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Fri Oct 5 10:31:37 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-05 at 09:44 +0100, Julian Stahnke wrote:
> > PROPOSAL:
> >
> > TRACK can be either plain text or marked up using HAUDIO.
> >
> > This approach would make the following markup valid:

> I love this!

[ ... ]

> > It shouldn't work differently from hCalendar, and I agree again. We
> > should bring hAudio more in line with hCalendar. Do the following two
> > examples work for everybody?
> >
> > This would be valid:

> > and so would this:

> Again, I think this would be great. Big music sites like Last.fm
> would have no problem to implement all those nested vcard etc. in
> most cases, even though they may sometimes be a bit heavyweight.
> ‘Regular’ people like bloggers who just want to write about music and
> mark it up accordingly would have a hard time understanding all that
> though, I think. (At least that’s my impression talking to people.)
> So this simpler proposal makes perfect sense to me.

Thank you for your comments Julian at least someone on the list Is
starting to make sense.

I have been wrestling with the current proposal of hAudio since Manu
made his announcement [1] And frankly the current proposal is starting
to make less and less sense to me,  With each different proposal the
concept of hAudio gets more and more vague. and honestly I dont like it
at all the way hAudio stands now.

What happened to keep it Simple,  and *Meaningful*?

So let Keep it simple eh?

PROPOSAL:

        [...]
       [...]

Notice no need to Reiterate hAudio over and over again, hAudio only=20
needs to be declared *ONCE* because the entire contents *ARE* hAudio

Does hAudio really need to be more involved than the above example?

I feel the more we bloat hAudio with *not* well thought of semantic
class names such as *Album* (a container class or object not a title)
and *Podcast* (which is also a container class and not a title) the
less

Publishers are going to use hAudio because it makes it difficult to
understand and integrate with their webpages.

> One element per property and you just wrap the whole thing in an
> haudio element. That’s easy to explain and still covers the very
> basic information one would want to have. And if you want to have
> more details, you still can. I think that would be cool.

[...]

Thanks

Martin McEvoy
[1]