[Audio] Playlists and Albums (was: Re: [uf-new] item property)

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Mon Oct 15 10:52:38 PDT 2007

Andy Mabbett wrote:
> On Mon, October 15, 2007 16:15, Manu Sporny wrote:
>
>> Most of the examples that were gathered for hAudio were from music
>> service websites and music blogs. To help us make progress, this round of
>> haudio focuses on just albums and tracks.
>
> Is that sufficient?

For albums and tracks, yes. For marking up classical music, no.

> How many of them were for classical music, including opera?

None. Not one of the submitted 145 example URLs contained any opera or
classical music that I can recall. Draw whatever conclusions you want to
from that statement. :)

If it bothers you, please collect some examples and add them to the
audio-info-examples page. Although I fear it would be a waste of your
time since we already have several proposals on the table that would
solve the infinite nesting issue, which I assume, is what you are
talking about.

>> However, that is beyond the scope of the current discussion, which is
>> just albums and the contents of those albums (tracks).
>
> Who gets to decide the scope of this or any other such discussion?

I was strongly requesting a scope of discussion because the thread was
going all over the place. It's over 125 messages deep at this point -
which is a good sign that people are talking about too many issues.

Also keep in mind that bringing in a great number of issues complicates
things and slows the Microformat down. Case in point: The media-info
discussion. I should also add that while a reminder to the scope of this
discussion was given, the questions that were asked were answered.