[uf-new] an equation/MathML/TeX microformat?

Paul Topping pault at dessci.com
Thu Oct 25 15:39:30 PDT 2007

Actually, I think I am following the "process". The very first paragraph
says,

"Start the discussion before you start creating any pages on the wiki."

Let the discussion begin ;-)

I'm aware of the effort to support MathML in HTML5 but this effort seems
unlikely to bear fruit. Besides, I'm looking to create something that
will work in "plain old HTML" which, as I understand it, is part of the
microformat philosophy. As I stated, MathML was originally intended to
be implemented in browsers but the actuality leaves something to be
desired. With HTML5, I would simply be waiting for yet another thing to
be implemented in browsers. Exactly what I want to avoid.

Paul