[uf-new] Album Vs audio-title (was hAudio ITEM debate proposal #3)

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Tue Oct 30 13:04:44 PST 2007

Martin McEvoy wrote:
> * audio-title represents the main title of haudio every haudio must have
> an audio-title
>
> * fn represents the title of an item within haudio
>
> I dont see why haudio should be more complicated than (using Scott's
> example)

>         I like the song <span class="item fn">Everything in Its Right
> Place</span>
> on <span class="audio-title">Kid A</span>.

How do we know the example that you have given is an audio album? What
are the parsing rules that denote "Kid A" is an audio album, and not an
an audio song?

How do we specify a singular audio recording using your proposal? An
album with two or more tracks? An Opera? A podcast that contains
multiple sections? The reason I ask this is because we can do everything
mentioned previously with the new hAudio proposal, so you're going to
have to demonstrate how we can do all of these things using your approach.