[uf-new] hAudio ISSUE #8: hAlbum is redundant

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Wed Sep 12 09:32:59 PDT 2007

Michael Smethurst wrote:
> Can I suggest release instead of album? It just captures albums, singles,
> eps better...

Your idea has been noted on the wiki, Michael:

http://microformats.org/wiki/audio-info-issues#album-title_Property

I'm somewhat opposed to changing 'release' to 'album-title' at the
moment. album-title is more inline with where we're going with hAudio,
hVideo and the media-info discussion in general.

However, you've mentioned something that could be re-used quite heavily
between all of the media Microformats. I think it makes a great deal of
sense and it wouldn't take much to convince me to drop album-title in
favor of 'release' if you can answer the following:

What do we use for 'podcast-title', 'toplist-title', and other
collection names?

Andy made a good point before, the names should be simple and narrow in
definition. I think right now, we're leaning towards 'album', 'podcast',
and 'toplist' as the collection class names.