[uf-new] hAudio ISSUE #8: hAlbum is redundant

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Wed Sep 12 12:58:36 PDT 2007

Martin McEvoy wrote:
> I vote we use something more generic and call audio-title, album-title
> or in fact any media related title just "media-title", you can re-use it
> for albums, podcasts, toplists, downloads, charts, video, images.

Martin,

If we do that, we will lose the ability to differentiate between an
album, podcast, toplist, download, and chart. These are differentiations
that we need to make because of the examples discovered thus far.

By using something like "podcast" or "album" we not only define the type
of the hAudio, but the collection property as well. We address two
issues (how do we specify hAudio type, and how do we specify hAudio
collections) with one class name.