[uf-new] hAudio ISSUE #8: hAlbum is redundant

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Wed Sep 12 16:01:24 PDT 2007

On Sep 12, 2007, at 1:58 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:

> If we do that, we will lose the ability to differentiate between an
> album, podcast, toplist, download, and chart.

Can you explain a bit more what exactly we gain with that ability, in
terms of practical capabilities?  How would a hypothetical
application treat two documents differently if they were otherwise
identical, but one said "album-title" and the other "podcast-title"?

Everything else, I thought, was determined to be out of scope.  You
previously wrote [1]:

> There are only two things that are strongly supported by the
> audio-info-examples right now. Audio albums and audio podcasts
> (collections of audio).

Has that since changed?

[1] http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-new/2007-May/
000442.html