[uf-new] Currency brainstorming (was: Measure & currency)

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Fri Sep 28 09:31:17 PDT 2007

In message
<e86992a40709280854y1815a9f1m9cdf2001c925e718 at mail.gmail.com>, Frances
Berriman <fberriman at gmail.com> writes

>On 28/09/2007, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:
>

>> Also, I've previously explained why historic amounts should be dated.
>> This could be achieved by:

>>           ...which cost
>>           <abbr class="currency" title="USD">$</abbr>
>>           in <abbr class="date" title="1923-10">October 1923</abbr>.
>>
>> though a more specific class-name ("money-date", say) might be
>> advisable.
>>

>Interesting.  Would date/time sensitive money in the case of stocks and
>shares apply in this way too, do you think?

I don't see why the date couldn't serve both purposes:

        Google shares were at
        <abbr class="currency" title="USD">$</abbr>
        as at
        <abbr class="updated money-date" title="2007-09-28T11:20+01:00>
          6pm, 28 September 2007
        </abbr>.

   (accessibility issues not withstanding)

If the date occurs once on the page, it could be included as an object.

>Or would that be reliant on publish date of where the information is
>displayed? (Not that I know much about S&S, just occurred to me it's a
>much more common varying value)

The publish date would be unreliable, as a news site, say, might be
published, reporting yesterday's stock prices.

--
Andy Mabbett