[uf-new] hAudio Issue Duration

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 07:55:40 PDT 2008

2008/8/4, Martin McEvoy <martin at weborganics.co.uk>:
>  There are (in my view) only three real ways to resolve this issue
>  3 Support NLP  (Natural Language Processing)  <span class="duration">3
> minutes 23 seconds</span>.
>
>  I personally am in favour of number 3 as I believe it is not too difficult
> to build a parser that will process just durations (hours minutes  seconds)
> as long as there is an agreed format.

--- any sort of NLP is much harder than you think!  If we are back to
codifying something, either we build it in english (which people would
disagree with) or having an list of all known way to spell, decline
and abbreviate hours in all known human languages. Is is very much a
boiling the oceans solution.

-brian

--
brian suda