[uf-new] Proposal: change haudio title to htitle.

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Wed Aug 13 20:40:49 PDT 2008

On [Aug 13], at [ Aug 13] 2:19 , Toby A Inkster wrote:

> In my experience, from a practical point of view, it's not really
> needed - even if no microformats had any property names in common,
> parsers still need to take care over microformat opacity due to
> situations like:

I don't think that's a similar situation at all.  hCard parsers must
know how to handle embedded agent hCards, because it's part of the
hCard spec.  On the other hand, hCard parsers not only don't need to
know how to handle embedded hAudio, but in many cases they couldn't
possibly know because they were written before hAudio even existed.

> And it doesn't seem to have proved a problem for 'url', which is
> defined fairly differently in RFC 2426 (vCard) and RFC 2445
> (iCalendar).

Untrue.  Here are two documented real world examples (or rather two
sites with thousands of examples) of exactly this problem:

http://microformats.org/wiki/mfo#hCard_in_hCalendar

> This seems to be a solution to a problem which doesn't exist.

Again, untrue.  There are more examples on the MFO page.  If it's a
rare problem, that's because it only comes up when microformats are
used in high density.  Rather than being edge cases, these cases are
the core of what we're trying to do with microformats.  We're trying
to encourage descriptive markup, and it's the sites with the most
descriptive markup where existing parsing rules leave ambiguity.

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com