[uf-new] Closing hAudio issue: position

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Wed Aug 20 15:04:57 PDT 2008

Martin McEvoy wrote:
> I would like to close issue D3: 2008-01-10 Position.
>
> as it was resolved in this email
> http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-new/2008-August/001707.html
>
> are there any objections to this decision?

Note that the wording on the final bullet point should be:

* The sequential identifier MAY be specified out-of-sequence.

...and not what you have in the e-mail that you linked to.

The two corrections are:

1. "Can" vs. "MAY" differentiation - the word "Can" doesn't have any
   specific meaning in specifications, whereas MAY does have a specific
   meaning.[1]
2. "Content" vs. "sequential identifier" - the /Content/ of the element
   is the /sequential identifier/. The /sequential identifier/ may be
   specified out-of-sequence.

-- manu

[1] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2119.txt