[uf-new] Re: hAudio FN or Title

Martin McEvoy info at weborganics.co.uk
Fri Feb 1 13:35:32 PST 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 19:54 +0000, Andy Mabbett wrote:
> "audio-title" is more appropriate than title; but I'm still concerned
> that "item" is both vague and insufficiently granular.

It is isn't it, again feedback I have had from would be users is "why
not track" track seems to say what haudio means.

> What happens when a podcast is reviewed, or includes reviews, and the
> review(s) (or some other microformat) use "item"?

I have been testing haudio quite extensively using xslt, haudio embeds
in hAtom for example pretty well, but when, as you say, I try to embed
haudio in a hreview, say an album review with more than one track marked
up in "item" things do get messy both in marking up the page and xsl
rules.

I would say that it IS desirable for hAudio to exist with hreview and
although it pains me to say this (In my experience) "item" and "fn" are
problematic.

anyway can I suggest that we think about changing Item too?

we keep on referring to "track" In our discussions (as many people do)
so lets call it that.

maybe:

   <abbr class="published" title="20071029">29 Oct 07</abbr>
possible to delete data from your machine?</span>

I think parsing rules would be pretty easy on this and above all no
conflicts with other uF's and its keeping it simple.

> Similarly, this still doesn't address the confusion between hAudio's
> fn
> and hCard (or whatever's) fn, as raised previously:

 True ;)

Thanks
Martin McEvoy