[uf-new] Re: hAudio FN or Title

Martin McEvoy info at weborganics.co.uk
Fri Feb 1 16:03:56 PST 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 22:09 +0000, Andy Mabbett wrote:

> The more I consider this, the more I am convinced that class names
> should not be shared between microformats.

For what its worth I think you may be right for example "fn" was only
used in hcard this meant just the name of a person or organization,
great stuff powerful and clearly defined. hAudio and hreview re-use "fn"
to mean other things too, haudio it means, a title of a playlist, album,
or track and the name of a contributor or organization (makes your head
spin trying to explain that to people), in hreview it is the name of the
thing that is under review and the name of the reviewer, kind of
devalues the semantics of "fn" don't you think? instead of being
something specific its turned into something more general. So yes in
light of the above maybe we shouldn't re-use class names so willingly,
most of the community that spend a lot of time working these things out,
the only time we should is if what we are trying to describe has the
exact same meaning, only then would it make sense to re-use.

Thanks

Martin McEvoy