[uf-new] Dublin Core (was: hAudio FN or Title)

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Mon Feb 4 04:56:02 PST 2008

On Mon, February 4, 2008 11:59, Brian Suda wrote:

> the process also states: "There must be a problem to be solved (i.e. a
> real world use case). No problem, no microformat."

The problem has already been stated.

> Jumping straight to making a generic OBJECT DC
> format is not the best approach.

It is the best - the only - approach for solving the stated problem.

> Foaf maps properties in it's namespace to Dublin Core.
> Microformat can easily do the same thing, there is no prohibition
> against this, as long as the meaning is the same. Just because it is
> called
> "fn" or "creator" or something else, doesn t mean it can't
> become Dublin Core properties.

> If the issue can not be solved with existing microformats, then there
> are a few options.
[...]
> 4) use something else, like RDFa, eRDF, GRDDL or others.

...or DC. That's what we're discussing.

Given the negative, almost hostile, response to the idea here, I wonder if
it might be better discussed in a DC forum?

--
Andy Mabbett
** via webmail **