[uf-new] Re: Namespace anti-pattern and hAudio TITLE (was: hAudio FN or Title)

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Mon Feb 4 12:25:55 PST 2008

In message <47A616A6.6090903 at digitalbazaar.com>, Manu Sporny
<msporny at digitalbazaar.com> writes

>We should be using TITLE for the title of audio recordings.

>So, who is going to make an argument against using TITLE in hAudio?

I'm not, but I do think we should allow for distinction between the
titles of tracks, albums, works and similar.

This could take the form of:

        album-title
        track-title
        etc.

or it could be:

        <foo class="album">
            <fooclass="title">
                Meddle
            </foo>
        </foo>

        <foo class="track">
            <fooclass="title">
                One of These Days
            </foo>
        </foo>

The former, hyphenated, pattern could again borrow the DC "qualified"
model, and be treated by parsers as equivalent to "title" for some
purposes", but distinguished from each other, for other purposes.

--
Andy Mabbett