[uf-new] Namespace anti-pattern and hAudio TITLE (was: hAudio FN or Title)

Martin McEvoy info at weborganics.co.uk
Tue Feb 5 02:12:58 PST 2008

Hello Manu

On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 22:46 -0500, Manu Sporny wrote:
> My argument still stands - we're providing a specific scope to
> 'title',
> 'summary' and 'description' - that scope is 'entry'.
>
> We are also providing a specific scope to 'name', and 'unit' - that
> scope is 'organization'.

So microformats DO "scope" after all!

"title" in hcard is in the "scope" of "job" it just doesn't say it,

in haudio it would be in the "scope" of audio but we would say it

Maybe an Idea would be for hcard to say what it means and stop being so
vague and confusing, and in my opinion "wrong"

change <span class="title"></span> in hcard

to <span class="job-title"></span> can be easily explained as
 "the function of the object the vcard represents" or simply their "job
title" which is how its often explained.

None need never have this discussion about "title" again? the community
would say "yes of course you can use title in your new microformat it
makes sense too, although it must be scoped like *foo-title* in order to
give it context"

Thanks

Martin McEvoy