[uf-new] Namespace anti-pattern and hAudio TITLE

David Janes davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Tue Feb 5 04:26:02 PST 2008

I'm going to vote with Tantek on this one. I'm sympathetic to what
you're saying Manu, but after 2 or 3 years on this list and seeing the
same topics come up over and over that really aren't going to change.
Not because they're not (necessarily) bad ideas, but that they're
outside of almost the core definitions of microformats at this point.

Based on this discussion, I've added a "but hAtom uses namespaces,
doesn't it" section to the namespaces page.

Regards, etc...

On Feb 5, 2008 5:01 AM, Walter Logeman <walter at psybernet.co.nz> wrote:

> Manu Sporny wrote:
>
> >> So does every microformat, regardless of the "context" need to be unique?
> >
> > It depends on what you mean by "unique". If you mean, do the class names
> > have to be unique, then yes, they do have to be unique.
>
> I suppose you mean it depends on what I mean by Microformat?  Are FN
> and "title" class names?  I presume not as I understand it so far, FN
> is not unique and potentially "title" is not?
>

> >> I am hoping to mix hCard, xfn and "hArt" if it were there, I saw a start
> >> on it?  I will start some new threads.
> >
> > Yes, you can mix hCard and xfn on the same page, and even in the same
> > paragraph.
>
> Good.
>
> Walter

David Janes