[uf-new] A Microformat for Classified Ads

Patrick Ellul ellulpatrick at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 18:54:28 PST 2008

Hi all,

There are so so many classified ad websites around. Some of them free,
some of them not, the biggest being e-bay.

Wouldn't it be good if there was a standard way of marking up
classified advertisements?

Then all these classified websites could provide feeds of their ads in
this standard format.

It would then become much more easy to find what you're looking for
across multiple websites using syndication and aggregators.

I like how microformats emphasize the practical side of markup.

I think that a microformat for classified ads could be very practical.

<classified>
 <url /><date-listed /><categories /><sale-method /><payment-method /> <etc.>
 </classified>

What do you guys/girls think?

Regards,
Patrick