[uf-new] PROPOSAL: Replace hAudio FN with TITLE

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Wed Feb 13 01:20:26 PST 2008

In message <1202866340.4573.16.camel at weborganicscouk>, Martin McEvoy
<info at weborganics.co.uk> writes

>On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 18:30 -0500, Manu Sporny wrote:
>> That is a very wise interjection... I agree, we should be asking "is
>> it
>> safe to say TITLE means title?"
>
>Yes it is.
>
>hcard "broke" itself when it was decided that "title" should be defined
>as "Job title or functional position of the object" its very specific
>and really only has something to do with a person when really should
>have been referring to the "object"

vCard effectively uses "job-title", but omits the "job-" prefix because
it is redundant /in that context/.

By way of illustration,

        Lord Peter Piper, Chief Pepper Picker

has a title of "Lord" and a job-title of "Chief Pepper Picker" (though
vCard bundles titles and other honorific prefixes under the latter
designation).

If we remember that "title" in vCard is really job-title; we can use
"title" in hAudio to mean [album or track]-title; or we can be more
explicit, and use audio-title; or offer a choice of album-title,
track-title etc.

I favour the latter, for its enhanced semantics.

--
Andy Mabbett