[uf-new] Re: figure microformat

Toby A Inkster mail at tobyinkster.co.uk
Sat Feb 23 13:15:23 PST 2008

Sarven Capadisli wrote:
> +1 for bringing the include pattern back.

It's never been away! Honest! ;-)

> If I understand this correctly, one possible use for parsers is to
> list figures with their context in the document. Similar to footnotes?
> (http://microformats.org/wiki/footnotes-examples)

That's my main motivation, but I can imagine other uses for it.
Explicitly associating tags (with rel-tag) with an image could help
smart search engines to find images by keyword. If we add rel-license
into the fold as well, then we could also search be licence (e.g.
public domain, requires attribution, etc).

Martin McEvoy wrote:
> I don't think legend is necessary as it seems to be acting as a
> container uF? but until I can understand a little more about what you
> are proposing I wont know.

The legend provides a caption for the image.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail at tobyinkster.co.uk>