[uf-new] Re: [uf-discuss] hAudio issue: position

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Fri Jan 11 16:24:01 PST 2008

Hello Andy

On Fri, 2008-01-11 at 20:27 +0000, Andy Mabbett wrote:
> I think that providing an alternative to OL in that manner, not to
> mention encouraging people to use it by having it as an example in
> the
> spec, is no better then "p class="heading">

I am not going to argue with you on that point I agree in principle, but
unlucky for us the "real world" is much different to the world we are
trying to create, you know as well as I that a lot of designers still
use tables for layouts, most are not interested in validating their
documents, or understand semantics beyond "web3.0"(yuck) or
"twine"(lol), so hAudio has to fit in, in order to be adopted, this is
why the compromise, allow authors to publish hAudio in tables (If they
so wish) and so making hAudio easier to adopt.

Thanks

Martin McEvoy