[uf-new] Microformats for Slide Show/Presentations - hShow, hSlide - State-of-the-Art?

Jesse Rodgers jrrodgers at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 18:46:31 PST 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 7:38 PM, Christopher St John <ckstjohn at gmail.com> wrote:

>  The fact that slide authoring programs allow multiple views (slideshow,
>  speaker notes, and even an outline view) suggests that there's an
>  underlying concept beyond just presentation.

It does seem to me like that is no different than saying a small
screen view or an iphone custom view is a different concept beyond
presentation. You do have a different purpose and a different level of
interaction with web content displayed for different purposes but how
does a format help? I might actually argue it would, especially with
slide based presentations or mobile devices as it helps the device
know how to display the content.  But I think that is supposed to be
the job of CSS and javascript... Microformats would be crossing into
adding structure first, semantics second.

Jesse