[uf-new] hListing vs hJob

Darren Bounds dbounds at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 11:20:42 PST 2008

These sites are relatively irrelavent in the industry and therefore I
personally do not feel they should necessarily be cause to us steer in
any specific direction.

In ATS space you have global leaders like:

Vurv Technology, Inc. (http://www.vurv.com)
Taleo (http://www.taleo.com)
Kenexa (http://www.kenexa)

These are people who sell their solutions to the Global Fortune 500 as
well as small and medium sized businesses.

You also have the job boards like Career Builder, Monster, Dice, etc...

I represent Vurv and we definitely see value in defining a job
requisition standard which may or may not leverage existing
Microformats but could not be contained by hListing and hCard alone.

Thanks,

Darren Bounds

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 2:46 PM, Silviu Savin <silviu.savin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess since these websites like http://www.edgeio.com and
> http://jobs.emurse.com already supports hListing, even if this format
> is not fully yet approved and only as a draft, a new format only for
> describing job posting might not be necessary, even if that would be
> great.
>
> Is it just me or this process from proposal to have a fully
> microformat it takes a while?
> The draft for hListing is from 2006. I might also be wrong.
>
> Silviu Savin
>

> On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 3:36 PM, Filip Chereches-Tosa <me at filipcte.ro> wrote:
> > With the hListing proposal (http://microformats.org/wiki/hlisting), is
> >  there any interest in further developing hJob (http://microformats.org/wiki/job-listing-brainstorming)?
> >
> >  Or at least finalize hListing and make it a real microformat...
> >
> >  I'm actively involved in the online-jobs industry and a standard
> >  format to describe job postings would be great to have! :)
> >
> >  Cheers,
> >  Filip
> >

> >  ---
> >  Filip Chereches-Tosa